Better Utah is seeking a full-time political coordinator dedicated to supporting our mission and work. At this time, the position is temporary through the November 2020 election season, but could possibly become a permanent position based on future funding.
The political coordinator is responsible for the overall success and growth of Better Utah’s political and civic engagement programs. This position reports to the executive director and works in partnership with policy, communications, and development directors to advance the mission of the organization.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate Better Utah’s political and civic engagement programs, including identifying strategic opportunities for growth and success, as well as managing challenges
- Research and maintain current information and data on elected officials, organizations, and candidates for use in accountability mission of organization
- Represent Better Utah in any assigned tables, coalitions, and meetings with allies and partners
- Organize and execute nonpartisan debate program, in partnership with the University of Utah’s John R. Park Debate Society
- Work with the communications director to develop and implement communications plans for political and civic engagement programs
- Work with the policy director to identify and track political issues and opportunities during the legislative session and other programs of the organization
- Work with development director to raise resources to support programs and grow organization
- Work with tech manager to develop and maintain tech resources that support political activities and programs
- Provide high-level strategic advice to executive director on program development including long-term strategy and growth, targeting, electoral, legislative and ballot initiative opportunities
- Together with executive director, ensure compliance with federal and state law and reporting requirements related to election activities
- Embrace the mission of Better Utah
- Possess the interpersonal skills to work with and motivate staff, board members, volunteers, interns, allies, and other individuals within position’s overview
- Be a self-starter and goal driven
- Be organized and exhibit follow through on tasks and goals
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, self-confidence, common sense, and good listening ability
- Prior experience in electoral, civic engagement, or political campaigns
The following are not required, but a plus:
- Familiarity with political data, latest technologies, and best practices in the field and political landscape
- Communications, graphic design, and/or digital media experience
Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience. We offer health insurance, as well as generous vacation and other paid leave policies.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Political Coordinator.” We will consider applications as they arrive and no later than February 14, 2020. The position will be filled as soon as possible.
Please send all questions regarding this position to Chase Thomas, email@example.com.
Alliance for a Better Utah is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture and we encourage people of color, women, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ individuals to apply.
Alliance for a Better Utah is a 501(c)(4) nonprofit that holds politicians accountable and advocates for progressive policies that make Utah an even better place. Better Utah Institute is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that works to empower Utahns through civic engagement and good governance.