We don't currently have any openings available. Thank you for your interest.
Alliance for a Better Utah is seeking a part-time or full-time communications associate to join our team to help support our mission by growing the digital capacity of our progressive communications work. The Digital Communications Associate primary role is to develop and manage all digital communications plans and assets of the organization and our programs. This position reports to the Communications Director and responsibilities include any other duties as assigned.
- Work with staff, consultants, and Board of Directors to incorporate digital communications into all strategic plans and campaigns.
- Oversee and develop plans for growth and engagement of Better Utah’s email list, social media followings, and other digital engagement forums.
- Brainstorm creative ideas and approaches.
- Own development and coordination of all digital content to create the climate to achieve Better Utah’s policy and political goals.
- Support, coordinate, and supervise the Better Utah team in the development and implementation of digital content in their programs and responsibilities.
- Develop engaging brand and design standards, and maintain cohesive implementation across all digital communications.
- Manage digital content and engagement on Better Utah’s websites, social media pages, digital accounts, content management system, etc.
- Ensure content on websites, social media, and other digital forums remain active and current.
- Evaluate and report on digital engagement and response opportunities.
- Test new approaches, messaging, and techniques; report on results.
- Track and monitor online analytics to develop best practices and improved communications strategies for the organization and programs.
- Develop, track, and monitor online communications and provide social listening reports to inform ongoing programs and campaigns
- Embrace the mission of Alliance for a Better Utah and share our vision for the future of Utah.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including working in a close team environment and forming both online and offline relationships.
- Strong writing skills, especially in persuasive advocacy settings.
- Creativity and a desire to test boundaries of political and advocacy communications strategies in Utah.
- Ability to allow for a flexible schedule based on the political calendar or scheduled events. While we generally follow a standard 9-5 work schedule, certain times of the year, such as the legislative session or election season, may require daily or weekly hours to fluctuate.
- Prior experience with digital communications in either a political or issue-based campaign.
- Prior experience with developing and implementing social media campaigns, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, in addition to new, emerging platforms.
- Familiarity and experience with web and graphic design programs, such as WordPress, Canva, and Adobe products.
- The following are not required, but are a plus:
- Familiarity and/or experience with ActionKit.
- Experience with film design, production, and/or editing.
Full-time starting salary ranges from $30,000 – $40,000 dependent on experience. Better Utah offers medical benefits, as well as generous paid vacation and sick time.
HOW TO APPLY
Send a cover letter, resume, and sample portfolio to email@example.com with the subject heading “Digital Communications Associate Application.” The sample portfolio should include any prior communications products that help exemplify your creative product, including, but not limited to, social media posts, graphic images, persuasive writings, and/or videos. Please indicate in your cover letter whether you are seeking a part-time or full-time position.
This position will start as soon as possible. We will consider applications as they arrive but no later than Friday, August, 7 2020.
Please send all questions regarding this position to Chase Thomas, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alliance for a Better Utah is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture and we encourage people of color, women, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ individuals to apply.
ABOUT ALLIANCE FOR A BETTER UTAH
Alliance for a Better Utah is a 501(c)(4) nonprofit that holds politicians accountable and advocates for progressive policies that make Utah an even better place.