The Communications Director will work closely with Executive Director and key members of the Board of Directors to develop and implement all aspects of Better UTAH communications.
- Working with Executive Director, develop a Better UTAH media plan
- Draft press releases and ensure their dissemination
- Organize press support for Better UTAH issues/actions
- Maintain an up-to-date press list for Utah and applicable national media
- Develop and maintain relationships with bloggers
- Actively pitch Better UTAH stories, interviews, etc.
- Work with staff to manage database of Better UTAH press and media hits, press releases, and other communications
- Work with staff to develop broader progressive communications and materials
- Manage database of Better UTAH policy and issue statements and supporting documents
- Collaborate with allies and member of the Utah progressive community to coordinate communication efforts and actions
- Work with staff to create Better UTAH promotional materials
- Contribute to Better UTAH online blog
- Work with staff to create email campaigns, donor/constituent updates, actions alert, etc.
Requirements for Position
- Highly motivated, self-starter, ability to work both collaboratively and independently and in a virtual office environment
- Ability to work under pressure and manage several projects simultaneously
- Proficient research and analytical skills
- At least 3 years experience in communications or public relations field
- Excellent writing and editing skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Existing and positive relationships with Utah media outlets
- Intimate knowledge and understanding of Utah politics, Utah legislative and electoral processes, and progressive issues
- Experience with social media, blogs, web content, etc.
- Previous experience in progressive communications, highly desirable
To apply: Please send your resume, two writing samples (include an online example, if possible), and a cover letter expressing your interest and qualification, to email@example.com.