Karen Shepherd Internship for Ethics and Good Government
Alliance for a Better Utah is looking for interns with a passion for civic engagement and social justice. Better Utah communications interns have the opportunity to work alongside staff on pertinent Utah issues including voting rights, campaign finance, healthcare, education, public lands, ethics, and government transparency, among many others. Working with staff, communications interns help develop strategies for public relations, social media, marketing, video, graphic design, and other content based on our policy objectives and then assist in implementing those strategies.
Winter 2019 internship applications are due Friday, December 7th at 5:00 PM
Internship Opportunities May Include:
– Media tracking
– Developing traditional and social media strategies for policy and advocacy work
– Creating social media content
– Video production
– Graphic design
– Website and content management
– Other projects as assigned
How to Apply:
- Cover letter (please note any policy interests)
- Current resume
- Writing sample (600+ words, preferably non-academic writing)
- Academic reference and a professional reference.
- Optional: Creative content examples (graphic design, social content, video, podcast, etc)
If the submission form does not accept your application for any reason, please send an email to “email@example.com” with the subject line “Communications Internship Application.”
Applicants need to be self-motivated, have an interest in our projects and issues, a willingness to learn new skills and ideas, and a strong desire to make a difference. We are looking for interns with strong writing and editing skills, exceptional critical thinking, and a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and video editing software is preferred.