Karen Shepherd Internship for Ethics and Good Government
Accountability research interns in this position have the opportunity to work with Better Utah staff on a number of topics impacting Utahns, such as government accountability, civic engagement, and community activism. Research interns will gain skills in research and message development, while working to build on our government official database.
This is a part-time internship position. Positions are limited, so it is strongly encouraged to submit your application prior to the deadline below. Academic credit for interns is available when feasible. For applicants not seeking scholastic credit, a stipend may be available.
Internship Opportunities May Include
- Tracking of government officials and political candidates
- Performing in-depth policy analysis
- Developing strategic communications
- Presenting findings to staff, organizational partners and/or community members
- Attending meetings and/or community events
- Monitoring social media and other communications
- Developing, submitting, and analyzing state and federal records requests
- Tracking and analyzing campaign finance data
- Reviewing, analyzing, and synthesizing legislative or other official records
How to Apply
- Cover letter
- Current resume
- Writing sample (3-5 pages)
- Academic reference and a professional reference.
If the submission form does not accept your application for any reason, please send an email to “firstname.lastname@example.org” with the subject line “Research Internship Application.”
Ideal applicants will be self-motivated, reliable, flexible, and have an interest and general understanding of the projects and issues we focus on. We are seeking interns who are not only exceptional critical thinkers and pay close attention to detail, but also hold themselves to high moral standards.