Hosted by Lara Jones and Nick Burns, tonight’s show included the following #OpenMicActivists:
- Matt Pacenza of HEAL Utah, convince Gov. Gary Herbert to veto HB6, which strips air quality regulators of the ability to regulate wood burning used for food preparation.
- Stephanie Bennally, Native American Specialist/ Foster-Adoptive Consultant at Utah Foster Care. UFC will host a Foster Dinner at the Educational Building in White Mesa Tuesday, March 28. Another will be held may 10 at the Salt Lake Urban Indian Center. Contact Benally for more information or visit the UFC events calendar.
- Legislative hits and misses with Madison Hayes of Alliance for a Better Utah and Anna Thomas of the ACLU of Utah. They’re hosting a post-legislative panel tomorrow night at Impact Hub. We’ll get a preview.
Tonight’s panel discussion focused on the GOP’s plan to repeal and replace Affordable Care Act, aka Obamacare. Nick and Lara get into the weeds with:
- Jason Stevenson of Utah Health Policy Project
- Former state lawmaker Steve Urquhart, a Republican who represented St. George for 16 years (8 in the House, 8 in the Senate) before retiring at the end of the 2016 legislative session.
Listen to radio segment here.