Our 2021 Redistricting Internship is a part-time internship (~15 hours/week) that lasts 15 weeks, from May 10 through August 20. The deadline for applications is Monday, April 12, 2021. Although we accept internship applications on a rolling-basis throughout the year, positions are limited and so we encourage you to apply by the deadline posted. This internship comes with a $1500 stipend.
Internship Opportunities May Include
- Community outreach helping educate the public on Utah’s redistricting process
- Helping facilitate a policy roundtable with community partners
- Attending Utah’s Independent Redistricting Committee’s public meetings
- Training others to use redistricting tools
- Drafting emails, social media posts, and other communications to keep the public informed on what is happening and how they can be involved
- Writing and publishing a blog post and op-ed on policy topics of personal interest
- Redistricting or other policy-related research
How to Apply
- Cover letter
- Current resume
- Writing sample (2-5 pages)
- 2 references
Applicants need to be self-motivated, have an interest in our projects and issues, a willingness to learn new skills and ideas, and a strong desire to make a difference. We are looking for interns with strong writing and editing skills, exceptional critical thinking, and a keen eye for detail and accuracy. Knowledge of the redistricting process is a plus.